The Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) is meeting on Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
The Board welcomes public comment on matters within its purview. Requests to address the Board, written testimony, and other inquiries may be transmitted by mail, e-mail, fax, or telephone to: Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, 75 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148, Phone: 781-338-3112, Fax: 781-338-3770,
Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes of the December 15, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Update on COVID-19 Action Steps to Support Schools, Students, and Families — Discussion
- Proposed Modifications to Competency Determination Requirement for the Class of 2021 Due to the COVID-19 Emergency — Discussion and Vote
- Update on College Access Data for the Class of 2021 — Discussion
- Update on Educator Diversity Initiatives — Discussion
- Update on Education Budget — Discussion
- Board of Elementary and Secondary Education Annual Report for FY 2020
- Legislative Reports: Education-Related Laws Enacted in 191st Legislative Session and the Data Advisory Commission Annual Report for 2020
- Report on Grants Approved by the Commissioner
- Chronically Under-Performing Schools Quarterly Reports