Do you have an opinion about your schools? Probably.
Does your opinion match with what MAssachusetts uses to measure schools and district performance? Probably not.
Here is your big chance to say what is on you mind! Attend one of five “public forums” on school accountability (see below). Want to tell DESE to cut back on testing? Do you think art, computers and recess matter? Do you like your teachers and want to keep your teachers? Then please att
Public Forums on Changes in Light of the Federal Every Student Succeeds Act
The Department continues to seek input on possible changes to the Massachusetts’ accountability system and other aspects of education in light of the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). As ESE starts to draft the Commonwealth’s ESSA plan, ESE will hold five public forums to gather feedback. Register here for one of the following events, all of which will run from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 14, second floor of the Bolling Building, 2300 Washington St., Roxbury
- Monday, November 21, Oak Middle School, 45 Oak St., Shrewsbury
- Tuesday, November 29, Brockton High School, 470 Forest Ave., Brockton
- Thursday, December 1, Holyoke High School, 500 Beech St., Holyoke
- Tuesday, December 6, Collins Middle School, 29 Highland Ave., Salem