Happy New Year! We hope you can use the long weekend and snowy weather to catch up on the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education documents. A packed agenda is scheduled. Charter schools that get district buildings for free, charter schools that are not doing so well, high school accountability, computer science courses and reports on “underperforming” schools that are doing exactly what the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education tells them to do. We expect a robust public comment period with lots of parents and community members to attend this meeting.
Bonus! The BESE will also discuss their annual report on DESE and BESE activities. You This year’s report is a fancy interactive online document featuring multiple districts, including Boston, Boston Collegiate Charter School, Burlington, Cambridge, Central Berkshire Regional, Chelsea, Fall River, Groton-Dunstable, Hampden-Wilbraham, Methuen, Revere, Salem, Somerville and Wakefield.
From the January 14, 2019 Special Meeting
- Redesigned School and District Report Cards
- Update on Automated Test Scoring
- New Bedford Charter School Matters
January 22, 2019 Meeting
Charter School Matters
- City on a Hill Charter Public School New Bedford: Charter Renewal
- Information on New Charter Applicants; Overview of Process for New Charters
- Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School: Report on Probation
- Helen Y. Davis Leadership Academy Charter School: Report on Probation
- 2019 Accountability for High Schools